Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to School

It's finally here! Time for the kids to go back to school. Well, actually, my kids started back last Monday, so I'm a little late. Between school starting and our "vacation" the week before, I'm a little behind on this blog! I don't know why, but the start of a new school year is always crazy. There's supplies to buy, registration nights, new clothes to get, and so on. It seems like there's always something that needs to get done!

That's why i said we had a "vacation" the week before. My vacation consisted of doing all of these things, plus getting my oldest child to the dentist as she prepares to get braces in about 3 weeks. I felt like I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation!

Anyway, as I said, school started for us last week. Thanks to the elections, my kids got to go to school 3 days, be out for one day, then back to school on Friday. It was a little odd but I think it helped them. They were able to take in all the new stuff going on and then have a day to relax before jumping back in again. My middle and youngest child were super excited for school to start. In fact, they met their teachers the week before and both asked if they could start school right then! The enthusiasm has since dropped off some, but, overall, they are still pretty excited.

My oldest is still waiting to get her locker. They were supposed to get them yesterday but it got delayed until today. She's had to carry everything with her all day. Why would they make these kids do that? I don't get it. I would think lockers would be one of the first things they assign. Oh well. While she is happy for school to start so she can see more of her friends, my oldest is not as excited as the other two. She was even less excited to learn that in case of a weather emergency most of her classes have to go to the boys' bathroom. She thought this was totally disgusting and the worst thing that could ever happen. Hahaha. I think she'll be fine.

All in all the start of the new school year has been a success. Have your kids started the new year? If so, how is it going? Are your kids ready to go back? What is the start of a new school year like at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment