Monday, July 14, 2014

Hot Dog Pizza

My kids love pizza! Have I mentioned that? Of course, who doesn't love it? This weekend a friend shared a simple idea for making pizza and I just had to try it. After it passed the kids taste test, I decided to share it with you all. It's so simple, and it all begins with leftover (or new) hot dog buns.

Simply cut the buns in half and lay them out. Add some pizza sauce, cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and whatever toppings you want. (pepperoni, ham, veggies, etc.). 



Bake at 435 F for 10-12 minutes. It's that easy! I chose to let mine cool after baking and then stick them in a gallon size freezer bag.



I put them in the freezer for the kids to eat for lunch this week. All they will have to do is heat them in the microwave! Thanks for the great idea Christy. Quick, easy, tasty, & cheap! I have a feeling this will become a regular at our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment